Friday, July 29, 2011

The End of all Things

Well, I decided a while ago that I would do this when everything was done, so here I am a week after the fact finally getting down to it.
Last week I graduated college with my very own bachelor's degree and I think I should make a tally of things like I did after my huge entomology project. It puts things in perspective nicely and I like that. So, it is as follows:
I graduated precisely six years and one month from the day I arrived on Rexburg to start college.
All told, I completed 12 semesters, and about 4 1/2 years of actual time in school and 150 credits. -_-'
I lived in three apartments and one house and had a total of roughly 45 roommates, including people I lived with more than once, they got counted twice. :P
I slipped on the ice and fell about four or five times, a feat in and of itself, considering most people did it more often or broke bones in the process.
It has been twenty years since I started my education, beginning with preschool.
I have now attended six schools in two states and have endured temperatures ranging from -20 degrees to 116 degrees. I have endured rain, snow, sleet, hail, thunderstorms, floods, snowstorms, blizzards, ice, and mud. I've been sunburned and walked through knee-deep snow and had ice form on my eyelashes and my legs go numb from cold.
I have had the best roommates and some less than the best.
I have had the best professors and the best college experience I could have had.
I have learned many, many things, but I think the most important is this: everything happens for a reason and it will work out alright in the end.

So farewell childhood I'm now off to explore the real world and kick it in the face.

No comments:

Post a Comment