Thursday, March 25, 2010

Commercial Music

I happen to be pretty proud of my music finding skills. I can usually find commercial, movie trailer, etc. music without a great deal of trouble. But, recently I was defeated. And I was very miffed. I don't much care for being defeated, but the Discovery Channel's Life commercial defeated me. I used all my sources, and we all came up with the same thing: "what is the name of that song?!" Seriously, over and over again, for more than 100 comments on Discovery's Youtube channel. I don't know if Discovery gave them some sort of answer, but my sources gave me one. We'll get our song some time next week. So, why is Discovery so slow on the uptake here? Blackberry and Lincoln figured it out ages ago. You put great music with your commercials and then you put said music on your website. Everyone's happier that way and you'll get a lot more attention on your website that way too. Some day these people will figure out it's smarter to keep people happy and put the stupid music up on their website. In the meantime, I'll just have to keep on doing what I'm doing. And say nasty things about people who don't give me my music when I want it. Of course, sometimes they create music unique to the commercial and that really makes my life difficult. But, I will not be defeated commercials!

2 comments:

  1. The Amazing Toph was thwarted?! eh. Everyone's got a first.

    ReplyDelete
  2. bah! I will not be thwarted for long. No little commercial is going to defeat me.

    ReplyDelete