Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Facebook and other addictions

I am so marvelously addicted to Facebook. Why is this? Because Facebook is a genius, that's why. There are more games on there than there are episodes of Power Rangers. This is all well and good, but they are supremely addicting. Seems like everyone is playing Farmville, for whatever reason, and I spend a portion of my day that I would hate to actually calculate playing Bubble Island. Somehow that game is just so addicting, frustrating, and satisfying I can't let it go. Plus is easy and versatile enough to keep my attention. Since my attention span can be very short that's a great feat. Mostly I just wish I was as successful in the real world as I am in Zoo World. I am a millionaire extraordinaire on that game and if it was real I would be wonderfully rich and the owner of the biggest zoo in the galaxy. Bubble Island really sucks me in. I hate losing games, especially if I know I could actually be winning it. This leads me to playing Bubble Island over and over until I have beaten the level I'm on to my satisfaction. And the added bonus of scoring better than all my friends playing just makes it that much more fun. Though, the real question is why that raccoon is following me everywhere. It makes me feel like Dora the Explorer or something. He even wears a backpack from which he pulls out the pieces for me to play, so I can yell at him if he gives me the wrong ones. Just whose side is he on anyway? And when I lose his eyes literally pop out of his head and he falls down dead. I almost feel sorry for him. Almost. But not quite. Not when it's usually his fault because he kept giving me the wrong pieces to begin with, stupid raccoon. I really like Fishville too. I get to name them, sell them, decorate to my heart's content, it's great. And I've managed not to kill more than one or two of my fish too, which is good, because somehow even though they aren't real I still feel a little bad for letting them die. Poor little fishies.

I'm so addicted to Mighty Morphin' Power Rangers right now. I'm nearly done with the first season and I just love it! It's hard to say why, whether it be because I haven't watched it since elementary school, the fact that they always win, the monsters are too laughable to be intimidating, or Billy's mysterious fear of fish. Alright, it's not that mysterious, he explains it, but still! Of all the things he could be afraid of they choose fish? But, despite that Billy still remains the coolest nerd ever. And Jason will forever be the coolest red ranger. Basically, there's just no competing with the original rangers from the first season except for the second black ranger. Sorry Zach, you're cool and all, but Adam totally wins. I may be a little biased because it's Johnny Yong Bosch playing the second black ranger, but come on, he's still one awesome black ranger.And as far as addictions go, Mighty Morphin' Power Rangers isn't that bad.
It's Morphin' Time!!!!!

4 comments:

  1. I'm debating on which one is more fun...watching the ridiculously cheesy MMPR or playing Bubble Island and Fishville.... Neither are productive.... hrm...I'll have to get back to that one....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Productive? They wouldn't be fun if they were productive, at least not as much.

    ReplyDelete
  3. But still, which is best, and we can add one to this category of debate now. Pieces of Flair...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Zoo world is so much better than your farmville, that's for sure. But Flair, yeah, that's waaaaaay up there.

    ReplyDelete