Saturday, July 17, 2010

Bad Influence

My mother claims I am a bad influence on people. I called her today to inform her that I'm getting a ride home with a friend of mine, and she said it would take 12 hours. I disagreed and said it would only take ten, because not everyone drives as slow as she does. Then, of course, she started talking about how my friend shouldn't drive too fast and I had to assure her that Adam doesn't do that because he's too mellow. He's about as laid back a person as can be. But then my mom said if you put me in a car with someone, there's no telling what I might make them do, that I'm a bad influence on people. I tried to argue with her, but Beth went and agreed with her. My own friend turns against me! And offered evidence that I was a bad influence on her.
Now really, how bad an influence can I be? All I did was make Beth watch some awesome movies because she's deprived. No one should go through life without having seen Cinderella Man and Henry V. And I doubt I could inflict my terrible influence on Adam fast enough to make him drive to Vegas faster. I mean, I could try, but come on

2 comments:

  1. Would you really have it any other way? I mean, really?! Besides, if we're talking about influences...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I guess if anyone is going to influence you, it might as well be me. Get the job done right.

    ReplyDelete